Whacky West RV Travel Park, Valentine, Nebraska
- RATING – 4.0 of 5
- WIFI – Yes, strong and fast
- ATT – Yes, but two bars (even with Weboost)
- VERIZON – Yes, three bars, five bars with Weboost
- OTA TV – not used
- SERVICES – 20/30/50 AMP, Sewer, Water (pressure is very high 60 psi), Clean shower and bathrooms, Coin laundry, Office has a small inventory of RV Parts, Cable TV (with owner supplied converter boxes.
- COST – $32.75 with Good Sams
- DISCOUNTS – Good Sams, Military
- REVIEW – Older park, front area needs mowing and looks cluttered but don’t let that stop you from staying there. The back is mowed and nice. Very quiet, Owners are a sweet older people. I couldn’t get my cable going so I called the office and the Husband of the Mom & Pop park came to our RV to help. When I opened the door he was standing there with two fresh cucumbers and said “Peace offering?” He then got the cable going straight away. Nice place right on Nebraska Highway 20. If you are looking for breakfast try the “Bunkhouse” just north of the RV Park.
Chimney Rock Pioneer Crossing RV Park
- RATING – 4of 5
- WIFI – No
- ATT – Yes, 4 bars, 5 bars with WeBoost
- VERIZON – Yes, 4 bars, 5 bars with WeBoost
- OTA – Six local channels (including CBS and NBC)
- CABLE – No
- SERVICES – 20/30/50 AMP, Sewer, Water, Picnic Table, Nearby Dumpsters, 60 PSI water pressure (use your regulator). Also there are no showers or bathrooms so you need to be self contained.
- ADDRESS – 10012 CR 75, Bayard, NE 69334
- COORDINATES – 42.159.10, -103.306.18
- COST – $172 with online reservation fee for 7 days with a military discount +0.18 a kwh for electricity (A bit high but it’s is in the middle of no-where) with your other option being boondocking.
- DISCOUNTS – Military
- REVIEW – Gravel pads, full hook up, no cable, no WIFI but the place redeems itself because of the historic location. Nothing other than the National Park Visitors center nearby, but you can visit Scotts Bluff and the National Historic Sit there as well. Shopping is also in Scotts Bluff 24 miles north of the RV Park. Make sure you check out the Pink Place Bar and Grill in McGrew 6 miles north of the park. The bar building is 100 years old, the food is bar food with really good burgers and fries and Prime Rib night on Friday nights. Chimney Rock Pioneer Crossing RV Park redeems itself over and over again with the stunning view of famous Chimney Rock National Historic Site.
You must be logged in to post a comment.